Saturday, August 12, 2006

Illustration Friday - Play



I didn't feel very inspired by this week's topic, for some reason. When I thought about the word "play", the rather depressing realisation occurred to me that many games are actually a kind of ritualised or disguised combat. I think world news at the moment has seeped into my consciousness. Anyway, I tried not to get too depressing with my drawing, and just did this quick cartoon/sketch. I used fineliners and brush textas and then added in the script with Photoshop afterwards. The boy is modelled on my cousins (avid computer game players, both of them).

2 comments:

Liz Jones said...

Ahh sad but true.I know just what you mean! We won't have those kind in the house, but I have a feeling we won't always be able to keep them at bay.

ELLA ELVIANA said...

yeah, 'play' didn't create a lot of imagination for me too. to me, it's just 'play'...kids playing, etc,..