Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Photo - Mother and child


I don't know why, but this photo has been in my head lately. Maybe it's because my own baby is about the age of the baby in the photo, and also loves to "stand up" and smile to see new people.

This photo was taken in Laos on the Mekong. I'm not even sure of the name of the place, or if it had a name - it was just a couple of booths by the side of the river. I couldn't speak much Laotian and the mother couldn't speak much English but we nevertheless had a very friendly interaction as I admired her adorable baby.

I gave the tour company with whom I went to Laos a copy of the photo and asked them to try and ensure that the mother got it. I don't think the mother would have a photo of her baby otherwise, and it's so candid and beautiful. I really hope that the mother and baby (now much older) are well and that they did get the copy of the photo.

No comments: